In cooperation with Public Health Bureaus of Birzai and Anyksciai District Municipalities, the project “Healthier and Safer Youth Life” is being implemented, project no. LT03-1-SAM-K01-011. The project aims to reduce and prevent youth health inequalities in three municipalities.
On June 27, 2022, a meeting of specialists of Birzai District Municipality Public Health Bureau and Kedainiai District Municipality Public Health Bureau was organized in order to improve dissemination of information and sharing of good practice about the ongoing project. During the meeting, coordinators of the project presented the ongoing activities with youth, shared information about the completed stationary camps and discussed successful experiences.
During the implementation of the project, eight algorithms for the provision of youth favourable health care services are being implemented in municipalities:
- Prevention of sexually transmitted infections and unplanned pregnancies;
- Prevention of the use of psychoactive substances;
- Prevention of alcohol consumption;
- Depression prevention;
- Suicide and self-harm prevention;
- Prevention of overweight and obesity related health problems;
- Prevention of sexual violence;
- Prevention of eating disorders.
Project managers Justina Kasakauskiene and Danguole Aviziuviene discussed issues related to the project’s administration, told about the project’s continuity opportunities and financial needs in the municipalities after the end of the project’s implementation period.
Kedainiai District Municipality Public Health Bureau
Director Danguole Aviziuviene